Thursday, June 20, 2013

SC Midlands Summit 2013 and me

End of school in our district = SC Midlands Summit!  This annual conference was held last week on June 12-13 at Westwood High School in Blythewood, SC.  Check out the sessions and resources for this year's conference here.

I presented two different sessions.  Mrs. Brown and I presented together about the different projects we collaborated on this year in the media center.  Here is a link to our presentation titled "A Common Space."  Our collaborative journey started with our first literary cafe about The Outsiders which I first blogged about here.  The second presentation was about our school news show.  Here is a link to the the presentation titled "Broadcasting Live from Our School Studio."  

Presenting was definitely nerve wracking, but I was happy to meet other educators interested in learning from our experiences and being able to exchange ideas with them.  It was my first time ever presenting at a conference.  I will definitely do it again!!   

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Maybe we can present our Book Boot Camp at SCASL next year.

    ReplyDelete