Monday, May 27, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? 5/27/13


Here is what I finished reading last week:
If I Stay by Gayle Forman- This book has lots of positive reviews on Goodreads, but I personally did not enjoy it.  The audiobook is only four CDs, but that was too long for me.  I think it has it's place in a high school library.  

Life Happens Next by Terry Trueman- Interesting story told from the view point of a young man with cerebal palsy.  Even though I had not read the previous titles also about the same main character (Stuck in Neutral & Cruise Control), I was still able to follow the story.

Rock God: The Legend of BJ Levine by Barnabas Miller- Very fast paced story with lots of odd ball characters.  

Crossing the Line (Border Town, #1) by Malin Alegria- I really like the way the author weaves in Spanish words throughout the story without sounding cheesy.  

The Accidental Genius of Weasel High by Rick Detorie

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire- I'm not sure if this book if for high school or even some adults.  The romantic relationship is so dysfunctional, but I could not stop reading it.  I just had to know what was going to happen. 

Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti- This story deals with bullying, sex, suicide, abusive parent, self esteem issues and overall tough times in high school. 

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

I read this book to my son: 
Mad Scientist (Babymouse #14)

I started reading:
The Encyclopedia of Me by Karen Rivers


No comments:

Post a Comment