Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? 5/13/13

I know.  It's Tuesday.

Last week I finished reading:

Son of the Mob by Gordon Korman- Funny title that involves a high school romance between a boy whose dad is a mobster and a girl whose father is the FBI agent investigating him.

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen- I listened to this title as part of my #bookbootcamp project about romances for tweens/teenagers.

The Bronte Sisters: The Brief Lives of Charlotte, Emily and Anne by Catherine Reef- I read Wuthering Heights as a teenager and loved it.  Being familiar with the work of one of the authors made me want to read this book.  It was interesting.  I am not sure how many middle schoolers have read Wuthering Heights.  And if they haven't read it, would they would be interested in reading about these authors?  I guess I will find out.

Cow Boy by Cosby Nate- Short, funny graphic novel.  I liked the artwork in several of the stories in the book.

Guitar Notes by Mary Amato- I LOVED THIS BOOK.  I first heard about this book on the Teen Librarian Toolbox when they blogged about it here.  I finally got my hands on this book and I could not put it down.  Definitely adding it to my list of romance titles for teens.

The Ghost of Graylock by Dan Poblocki- Scary.  Students looking for a ghost and mystery story will enjoy this book.  I wish I had not waited so long to read it.

I read these books to my son:

Belle, the Last Mule at Gee's Bend: A Civil Rights Story by Calvin Alexander Ramsey-





Owly: A Time to Be Brave by Andy Runton






Martin de Porres: the Rose in the Desert by Gary D. Schmidt



I'm currently reading:
Enchanted (Woodcutter Sisters #1) by Alethea Kontis

Starting my reading slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment